Saturday, February 22, 2014

Bassett Credenza

Bassett credenza.  I don't normally refinish other people's pieces.  I like to be able to take my time and choose the design direction for the piece.  However, the owner of this piece has bought a number of others from me and they wanted it to match.  They had acquired it from a local vintage shop where it had already been "refinished".  Fortunately I was able to strip off the stain they had applied.  I am not a big believer in staining walnut, it is beautiful on its own.  On this piece the oak used on the front edges and legs was also left natural for a 2-tone finish.  The bottom pics are how it looked when they bought it.  Once again I have to apologize for my poor photography.  The color temp didn't look so "hot" when I took the pics but these are a bit red.
Not for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment