Saturday, January 3, 2015

I have a problem......

Its a new year and we traditionally review the past year and resolve to change aspects of our lives that we are dissatisfied with.  For me, I have a furniture problem.  Chairs.  I love chairs.  From a furniture prospective they provide a designer with an opportunity to express creativity and interpretation of the human form, unbounded by utilitarian necessities such as creating storage space or a work surface.  The great modern chair designs are as much a piece of sculpture as they are a functional piece.  My problem is, when I find one that I like, I buy it.  Not because I need a place to sit but because it is like having a great piece of art.  We now have more chairs than we have butts to fill them or space to use them.  Its time to start paring down. 

2 comments:

  1. Get outa my head! I too have the same chair problem. Got a garage full of em' to prove it. And yet here I am eagerly scrolling this site for more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the chair thing is addicting. I've sold a couple of my chairs since I added this post but I've also purchased a couple more, so I still have more than I know what to do with. My upholsterer is also working on a couple more for me. I've got a really cool one that I should be adding later today. I really don't want to sell it but its ridiculous to keep these if I'm not using them.

    And...thanks for posting a comment. Sometimes I'm not sure if anyone is reading all my musings!

    ReplyDelete