Saturday, April 25, 2015

Jerry Johnson Chrome Lounge Chair

This chair looks very similar to the side chairs I offered in a previous post.  However, this chair is constructed to be a lounge chair and not a side chair.  It is wider and lower than the other chairs.  This one also incorporates a swiveling suspension mechanism so the back and seat can move with the user as they lean back.  It makes this chair quite comfortable.  It also uses a reverse cantilever chromed tubular frame.  This gives the seat a floating appearance.  The cushions have been reupholstered in a modern patterned fabric by Carnegie.
http://www.carnegiefabrics.com/productsearch.aspx#v={-f-.{-Usage-.[0]}_-p-.1_-s-.-maxwell-_-d-.{-ID-.535_-ColorNumber-.-10-}}
The colors on this fabric are black, 2 tones of gray, navy, brick red, lime green and white.

This is a unique chair and is ready to add a modern pop of color to your space.

Dimensions: 25"W x 25"D x 29"H

Sold






2 comments:

  1. Sorry if you get a duplicate comment as I tried to publish one & I'm not sure if it registered. Sigh. But, I found your blog via Craigslist. I'm wondering if there is any orange in the fabric (It kind of looks like there may be)? Or, do you happen to have a chair like this that perhaps that isn't recovered yet? I like to do that myself, too.

    I also mentioned in my former comment that I think I recognize your house. It looks very similar to one that we were in the final stages of purchasing about 5 years ago (but it fell through because the seller wouldn't work with us on some last minute roof repairs). If my hunch is correct, I must know what you did with the bomb shelter. :) My apologies for how creepy that sounds... But, I had to ask. ~stacy (dsdinkel@comcast.net)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. There are some hexagons that have some of the brick red woven with a cream color that reads as orange if you aren't looking close up. Unfortunately my upholsterer didn't exacly follow my directions on this. I wanted to keep the original cushions and have him make new ones using foam and the new fabric to create box cushions. So the chair would have had 2 sets. Instead he reupholstered over the old ones. From what I understand the original is under the new. This is the only chair like this one. I do have 2 of the side/dining chair versions of this which are a bit narrower and more upright and do not have the reclining feature.

    As I recall you ended up in Arapaho Hills (?). I know our house was under contract 3 times before us and I heard some stories about a roof issue in one of the sales but didn't get details. They ended up putting on a new roof and went cheap and used someone who had no business doing a roof like this. We had hail damage in last year's June storm and just finished having a proper new roof installed. Shouldn't have to do that again for 20 years. We haven't done anything with the bomb shelter yet. It is a difficult space to access and stays very damp. Even as a wine celler it isn't great since it would be tough to get up the steps with a bottle of wine in your hand (especially if it isn't the first bottle). BTW - Not creeped out! If you want to check out the chair you can also see what we've done to the house. Or, even if you don't want to check out the chair. Matt

    ReplyDelete