Saturday, June 27, 2015

Lane "First Edition" Bedroom Set *edited*

 I originally had this titled and labeled as a "Scandia" bedroom set from Lane.  I have found a number or references on-line that use this name.  My friend midcenturymike came by today and saw them and told me the line was actually named "First Edition" by Lane.  He had bought and sold some of the pieces in the past and one of them had an original brochure in it.  I tease Mike sometimes because he picked up the nickname "Guru" for knowing a lot about mid century furniture.  Sometimes I help him I.D. a piece, sometimes he helps me.  Thanks Mike! 

This beautifully restored mid-century modern bedroom set can be the star of your modern bedroom. The "Scandia" line by Lane features sculpted wood pulls that have a louvered effect and have bookmatched walnut veneers across all the drawer fronts. The milled case edges and faceted legs have been dyed a slightly lighter color for a nice contrast. The nightstand was custom made to match the dressers. It was so well done I didn't realize it wasn't made by Lane until I looked inside. It provides great extra storage with a drawer and open storage behind the doors. The low dresser has 9 drawers and has a trapezoid shaped mirror that mounts to the back. The upright dresser has 5 drawers. As a bonus both the low dresser and nightstand have custom cut glass tops to add extra protection. Although it is 50 years old the design of this set is very "today" and looks like it came from the pages of a Room and Board or DWR catalog.

I didn't have great photo conditions to work with so not my best effort there.  However, these pieces came out beautifully.  I've done a highboy from this line before.  It was one of my favorites then and still is.  The veneers on these pieces are awesome and the design of the drawer fronts and legs do not give it a dated look at all.  I would definitely put these in my bedroom if I had the need.  I don't think this set will hang around long.

Dimensions: Low Dresser 66"W x 31"H x 18"D
Highboy 38"W x 45"H x 18"D
Nightstand 18"W x 29"H x 22"D
Mirror 32"W x 44"H

Sold














No comments:

Post a Comment