Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Restored Modernist Bedroom Set by United Furniture

This unique set is often described as "brutalist" styled.  I'm not sure I totally agree with that assessment as it feels much more organic and less edgy than what I consider brutalist.  Regardless of how its classified it is a beautiful and artistic set that will command attention in the room that it is in.

As unusual as this set is, I've actually had the opportunity to work on some pieces from this line before.  I've restored another low dresser and matching chest and just as I was finishing them up, thinking I'd never see these again, this bedroom set popped up and I grabbed it.  Here is the write up I did for the first pieces.

http://modwerks.blogspot.com/2014/11/stunning-restored-modernist-dressers-by.html

As with the previous pieces, the most special part of these are the beautifully figured veneers that were used.  This is highlighted by the unique chevron lay-up of the veneer on the front panels.  This in combination with the sculpted figures makes for a very eye-catching aesthetic.  All the pieces have been stripped, sanded and refinished to bring out the best of all the materials and workmanship.

The set consists of a large, 9 drawer low credenza, an equally ample 6 drawer armoire that also has open storage, a double mirror that mounts to the low dresser, a commode style nightstand with a hidden drawer and open storage and a king sized headboard.  The headboard has built in lighting that is fully functioning that I upgraded to include dimmable LED lights.  Because of its uniqueness, I'm only offering to sell the set complete, I will not sell the pieces separately, with the exception of the headboard.  It is a unique piece but I also understand many people cannot accommodate a king size bed or may already have a bed.

Dimensions
                   Low Dresser: 74"W x 30"H x 21"D
                   Armoire:  41"W x 71"H x 21"D
                   Headboard: 80"W x 47"H x 5"D
                   Mirrors: 50"W x 48"H
                   Nightstand: 27"W x 25"H x 17"D

sold





























No comments:

Post a Comment