Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Kent Coffey "The Greenbrier" 9 Drawer Dresser

Not only was Kent Coffey Furniture prolific in their furniture designs, they came up with some very interesting and kinda fun names.  It seems every time I'm researching something I find another Kent Coffey design.

This one is a little more "retro" than I normally go for but I thought the design was nice and has the unique feature of the sliding door.  Not only does this feature add style points but I think it also allows for the potential of using this piece as a TV stand.  The center drawers could be removed and electronic components such as cable boxes or video games could be placed there and hidden from view when not in use.  The diamond shaped cane piece can also be removed from the door to reveal remote control sensors, etc.

One thing I've noticed about the Kent Coffey pieces that I've done is they did a great job with the veneer lay-ups.  The drawer fronts are always matched and the color and figuring is pretty.  This piece is no exception.  I would say, judging by the finish that I stripped off, this piece looks better than new.

I did restyle the crescent shaped drawer pulls.  They had a faux wood paint on them which, not only was worn, but was a muddy brown that did not look nice with the newly refinished walnut.  I opted to paint these a copper metallic.  Copper is the currently trending metal finish and I think it also matches well with the retro style of this piece.

Dimensions: 64"W x 32"H x 20"D
Sold












No comments:

Post a Comment