Sunday, November 9, 2014

On the horizon.....

Since I spent some time working on the pre-sold Perception set it doesn't seem like I've had much to post in the past couple of weeks.  I'm working on a very cool set of sculptural United Furniture dressers, one long, low dresser the other an upright chest.  They are pretty much ready to start finishing.  However, also on the horizon is a polar vortex.  With the temps dipping pretty low this coming week I'm not sure how well I will be able to progress with application of finish.  Cold is not very conducive to finish curing and it isn't worth having a sticky finish on a piece for days.  We also have holidays on the horizon as well as shorter days.  I've also lost my babysitter that helped out a few hours a week and gave me a chance to work on furniture (for those who don't know, stay-at-home dad is my full time job).  I'm anticipating my output is going to drop a bit the next few weeks.  Its frustrating because I have some really cool pieces I'm looking forward to working on.  I'll try to fill in the gaps with some other posts.  Please stay tuned.

Update 

I managed to get the first coat of finish on the United pieces before the storm started moving in.  Not sure when I'll get the the second coat.  Here are some quick pics.  These are special!







No comments:

Post a Comment